The emphasis in the Extrication Challenge is on developing and promoting Best Safe Practice and Safe Systems of Work.
The vehicle extrication challenge is designed to meet the following outcomes:
- Replicate vehicle extrication scenarios that emergency response crews maybe called to attend.
- Create an environment where:
- Teams have the opportunity to demonstrate a range of techniques and options to extricate casualties.
- Team performance can be analyzed over a series of vehicle extrication scenarios.
- Learning and education in all facets of vehicle extrication is promoted.
- Participants will leave being able to perform more competently at vehicle extrication scenes, exercising current techniques in vehicle extrication and casualty treatment.